Sunday, January 8, 2012

Busy Busy Break

Today is the last day before I have to go back to work and while I'm not looking forward to waking up early I am looking forward to seeing my students. Winter break has been two weeks of projects for me!

As an early birthday present, my mom helped me track down a "new" sewing machine on craig's list this December. We found a really nice lady who fixes up old metal machines and sells them. I ended up falling in love with a vintage Singer 337 (from 1965). We only paid $30 for it and it works really nicely.



The little owl and the flowers were cut out of a kleenex box. The beautiful artwork that was on the tissue box is by Cori Dantini.

Here are a couple of the things that I have created with the machine so far:


I made my mom a funky monkey out of a pair of old socks as a thank you for the machine.


I made this turtle for my sweetie. He keeps trying teasing our dog with it and I'm sure that we will find it in pieces one of these days.


I used some fabric scraps to make this cute little zippered pouch for my friend Lauren. I based it off of a tutorial from Noodlehead.



This is my first attempt at quilting! This post helped me firgure out how to do a chevron pattern using square pieces. The fabric i used is actually reporpused bedsheets. (Also note the handmade pillow with a bird that matches the chair I reupholstered in my previous post). I just turned 25 and Colin says I'm already acting like a granny, but I think he's ok with it ;).

I've also been updating my shop.


This little owl needs a good home. He was lots of fun to stitch :)



I also created some printable valentines. Only $3 in my shop.

I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day and thinking about lessons to do with my students for the rest of the school year.










No comments:

Post a Comment