Sunday, September 18, 2011

Art Vs. Art 2011

I decided to participate in the Art Vs. Art painting contest this year! We had four hours to paint any subject.

Now the photos have been uploaded on their site artvsart.net where the public can vote for their three faves. At the end of the voting period is the main event where paintings are pitted against each other in a death match! The paintings that don't get auctioned off to an audience member will be destroyed. Their fate is decided by "the wheel of death"-- an over sized spinner with different methods of destruction. The last painting standing earns the painter a prize of $4000.

It's all in good fun. I'm not banking on winning or even having my painting sold, but I wish I could see it get destroyed. There is a lot of talent here in Indy and it was a blast getting to see everyone paint.

Here is a photo of the painting I made in the four hours I was given. I'm really loving woodland creatures right now and of course tea parties :)


Let me know what you think or take some time to vote on your favorites :)

I've been so busy in my classroom I haven't had much time to work on my own projects lately, so it felt good to paint for myself.  More projects to come soon! Share yours with me too.

1 comment: